Thursday, January 3, 2013

Finally

What a glorious morning.  For the past two weeks it has been a flurry of activity.  Celebrating Emily's 17th birthday, preparing for Christmas, shopping, baking, visiting family, helping with the community Christmas meal, quilting with a friend, basketball practices and games, volunteering at Ten Thousand Villages, helping Em get ready for a New Year's eve party, more baking for the youth hangout at our house, the usual laundry and dishes...all of it good.  I have increasingly been longing for this morning.  Sitting in the recliner, watching the bird activity at the feeders, sipping tea, looking at the stack of papers/books that I need to begin reading for the start of the new semester.  Quiet. 

I wonder if this is how God experiences us - constantly busy and yet longing for us to just sit for awhile in His presence.  In the quiet, gazing at the beauty of His creation, being open to and aware of His love and peace that can penetrate deep within.

This is one of my favorite songs by Kari Jobe.  A great way to start (or end) the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI_1YliutzA
The more I seek you, the more I find you
The more I find you, the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breath, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming  

1 comment:

  1. i love this song, i've been thinking about it this week as well. glad to hear you're getting a day to sit! (or morning a least!)

    ReplyDelete