Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy List

At church this past Sunday we were encouraged during sharing time to not just think about all the of the concerns to pray for but that we also look at what we are grateful for. The leader told of her conversation with her daughter the evening before and how the daughter named the 60 some things on her happy list. 

So in spite of the challenging days of the past, I've been trying to consider what I would put on my "happy  list".  So I thought I'd share what I've come up with.

1.  Walking hand in hand with Anya on our walk home from school, catching snowflakes with our tongues
2.  Eating at church on Wednesday evening - no dishes or food prep for the day
3.  An unexpected visit from my college volleyball coach who heard we moved to the area
4.  Snow falling - at least there is something exciting to watch on a gray day
5.  Keen shoes that I bought at Christmas from the Cabela's bargain cave - great to walk in outside
6.  Seeing and learning about an AGA stove from a friend - sure would be nice to have an oven/stove that stays warm all winter long and ultimately would help keep our kitchen warm
7. Getting my Ohio drivers license - after the 2nd visit, I didn't have a marriage license the first time.  I should say that I did pass the test the first visit :)
8. A night at home with the family - no games, no meetings, no church
9. Ironed fabrics waiting for me to come up with something to make
10. A morning breakfast out with two ladies from church
11.  Looking at seed catalogs, thinking about spring plantings
12. An exercise DVD that made me sweat!!
13. Great tasting pork BBQ from our farm
14. Looking forward to family coming in for Jeff's installation service this Sunday
15. Seeing AJ and Jeff snuggling on the chair

I'm thinking about our Virginia friends and family in PA who have gotten a lot of snow.  I know the girls are wishing for snow days again.  They have quickly realized that snow does not equal no school here in Ohio. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan,

    Hooray - you have begun a list too! My favorite is #8.

    ReplyDelete